Thursday, November 25, 2010

Consider A Complaint With the Florida DBPR.

If you have a complaint about serious issues  you can file a complaint with the State of Florida see:

Keep in mind that this division enforces the LAW and not the condo DOCUMENTS.

In many cases both the law and the documents are the same but the DBPR only handles complaints where the BOD is violating or in non-compliance with Florida statutes.

F.Y.I. Other direct links to Florida law can be found at:

The Condominium Act, Chapter 718, F.S.,
The Cooperative Act, Chapter 719, F.S.,
The Florida Mobile Home Act, Chapter 723, F.S.,
The Florida Vacation Plan and Timesharing Act, Chapter 721, F.S